Part time Early Years Practitioner
Panda Preschool Playgroup, Sticky Mitts and Tiny Tots - York, North Yorkshire
We are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic and suitably qualified Early Years Practitioner to join our small dedicated team, initially for a minimum of 6 hours but with opportunities for extra hours.
Panda Preschool Playgroup is a set-up take-down committee run, term time only, friendly village childcare setting providing a well-regarded service to the community.
The ideal candidate should be passionate about working with children and their families, and have experience of working as a keyworker within an early year’s setting. He /she should ideally be qualified to Level 3 in EY/childcare, be committed to child centred learning and confident in practice that supports and encourages children to make their own choices and freely engage in a range of different experiences.
In brief you will be expected to
· assist with the planning of the curriculum using the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS)
· help to set up the playgroup for the daily programme and to help tidy away at the end of the session,
· act as a key person to a group of children,
· ensure the protection of children, and that safeguarding procedures are met.
· use initiative within your role to support and encourages children to make their own choices and freely engage in a range of different experiences.
· ensure that appropriate records are kept and updated regularly as directed by the Playgroup Manager.
Panda Playgroup is fully committed to the safeguarding of all children, and this position is subject to the receipt of satisfactory references and an enhanced DBS check.
Application form and full job description are available on request. Visits to the setting can be arranged.
Closing Date: Monday July 9th 2018
Interviews: Friday July 13th am
Job Type: Part-time